Assalomu Alaykum! Salamatsyzby! здравствуйте!


Assalomu Alaykum! Salamatsyzby! здравствуйте! Hello!


My name is Kristina and I am a 26-year-old Austrian with a slight obsession with Central Asia and travelling to the more remote parts of the world. Learning a lot (of and about) languages, foreign cultures and trying to gain a better understanding of traditions while teaching German has been my mission in the past years.
Initially, this blog started out as a mere means to inform my friends and family about my life and adventures when I first moved to Tashkent, Uzbekistan. It became a lot more than that to me after realizing that writing helped me to make sense of the strange world surrounding me, to deal with culture shock as well as to help me organize the chaos in my head. My Central Asian adventures haven't ended yet and I am looking forward to entertaining you with some more (crazy) stories from Kyrgyzstan in the very soon future!

I am also a couchsurf host - if you're planning a trip to Naryn, let me know on here and we can take it from there :)

I am always happy to hear from my readers, so please don't hesitate to contact me if you have comments or questions, about travel tips in Central Asia or about life in Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan :)

Much love,
Kristina


Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2013

Picture blog: Christmas and NYE



Hello everyone,
happy 2013! Sorry for not having posted anything for a little while. Expat life is fast, so that sometimes it is hard to find the time to sit down, reflect, digest, understand, deal with the things you have seen, heard or experienced. I realise this every time when people here  go on holidays for two or three weeks, and when they are back they always ask me “what’s new?”. Every single time so much happened that I don’t even know where to start. And even though we had holidays at university, especially the past three weeks were extremely eventful, so that it might be easiest to simply give you some impressions by posting some pictures. As I have mentioned in my last blog, I stayed in Tashkent for Christmas and New Years. As a very dear friend has said to me, “I am sure that you will remember this Christmas more and with much more love than other ones”. As much as I missed being home for Christmas, he was right: celebrating it in a country so different was very special and I don’t remember the last time when I was as happy as I was this Christmas. Let me give you some impressions..

We decorated our living room…

Christmas decorations the Uzbek way

 cooked a wonderful dinner…

Ulli unsere Küchenfee


enjoyed the dinner with some Georgian wine…

Mario was actually happy...


exchanged presents…



ate Austrian Sachertorte for dessert..

Sachertorte with a hole - only in Uzbekistan!

went ice-skating on the 25th…

Ready for Olympia

watched “Love actually”...

 

celebrated NYE together with my friend Kathi from home...

Kathi, Lola's daughter Indira and I


did “Bleigießen” (an Austrian/German tradition)... 



...and suddenly the people you met only a few months ago are your family!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen